Australia (Playing XI): David Warner(c), Aaron Finch, Glenn Maxwell, Travis Head, Moises Henriques, Marcus Stoinis, Tim Paine(w), Nathan Coulter-Nile, Andrew Tye, Adam Zampa, Jason Behrendorff
Australia won the toss and elected to field.
After loosing the top batting order, it was time for MS Dhoni to handle the innings. Dhoni, who has been batting in this critical situation quiet a lot times also failed to stand for long time. He came in the fifth over batting at No 6.
- Jason Behrendorff – fast and medium left hand bowler. Rohit Sharma with two boundaries off three balls, lost his wicket to Jason Behrendorff in his second over in international cricket.
- He starts to dominate by removing Virat Kohli in the same over. A small edge and ball back to the bowler. Two big wickets in his very first over pumped him up.
- And he started destroying the batting line-up. Given a boundary on the very first ball as a treat. Manages to remove Manish pandey and added one more wicket. And India struggled at 16 for 3.
- He made Shikhar Dhawan his fourth victim as Dhawan fails to hit ball out of the boundary. David Warner making no mistake takes a superb catch.
- Jason Behrendorff finishes off his four overs in one go and returns with figures of 4-0-21-4. Impressive !!!
STRUGGLING UNDER PRESSURE
- MS Dhoni gave his wicket to Adam Zampa. The leg spinner bowled a slow wide allowing Dhoni to step out of crease. And managed to get Dhoni’s wicket before he gets back to the crease. Very Rare !!! Wicket NO.5 for Australia.
- Kedar Jadhav stood strong at the other end. But couldnt hold it for long time. Played a very disappointing shot. Adam Zampa and Nathan Coulter Nile joined the Jason Behrendorff’s party.
- After Bhuvneshwar Kumar’s departure. Hardik Pandya came to carry the innings till the end. Being the Strong player with the ability of handling the match single handedly in the past.
- Kuldeep Yadav and Hardik Pandya managed to move innings further and helping India’s revival. But Dan Christian in the deep stopped Hardik Pandya. India had been put on backfoot again. Seventh wicket down..!!!
- Kuldeep Yadav and Jasprit Bumrah managed to get singles, edges and a boundary. Helped India to reach 118 in 20 overs.
Pitch was not that bad as advantage was with both the teams. It would have been very interesting to watch if India would have managed to use this conditions to their advantage. India managed to remove Australian Operners very quickly. But Head and Henriques built a big partnership to defeat India in this 2nd T20 game.